Booking Terms for Patients
Medserena accepts referrals for most medical conditions where an MRI scan is indicated or for reassurance purposes. You can use the online booking form to make an appointment and you’ll have the option to upload your referral letter. All bookings and referral letters are reviewed (triaged) by our clinical lead before your appointment.
All patients are required to complete a safety questionnaire and informed consent just prior to their scan. On occasion, this may exclude proceeding with the scan if your circumstances have changed since completing the booking form. Radiologist reports will be emailed directly to the referrer or your health care professional. Once findings have been discussed with your referrer, a copy can be obtained from either your referrer or Medserena directly. Requests for reports directly from Medserena should be in writing.
Referrals are accepted on a private medical insured, self-pay or authorised invoice basis (such as from the NHS). For private medical insured and self-pay patients, an £80 deposit towards the price of the scan is required to secure your booking. The balance of the price of the scan for self-pay will be due at the appointment and for private medical insured the booking deposit will be refunded at your appointment.
Medserena accepts self-referrals for most medical conditions where an MRI scan is indicated or for reassurance purposes. We cannot accept self-referrals for monitoring known malignant disease or for any scans requiring contrast agent enhancement.
You can use the online booking form to make an appointment and all booking requests are reviewed (triaged) by our clinical lead before your appointment.
Self-referrals are accepted solely on a self-pay basis. An £80 deposit towards the price of the scan is required to secure your booking with the balance of the price of the scan due at your appointment.
Please be aware of the following important information prior to proceeding with a self-referral booking:
- Self-referral scans will only be offered to those aged 18 and above.
- On the booking form you will need to explain the reasons why you are self-referring. If it is for a medical condition, this must be self-documented including for reassurance.
- You must be registered with a GP or other responsible health care professional to whom a copy of the report will be sent. It is a requirement for us, as a diagnostic centre, to be able to communicate results to a doctor or healthcare professional, so that they can make recommendations about your future care.
- All patients are required to complete a safety questionnaire and informed consent just prior to their scan. On occasion, this may exclude proceeding with the scan if your circumstances have changed since completing the booking form.
- We will not be able to discuss the findings of the scan directly with you on the day of your appointment. Your scan report may contain medical terms that you may find confusing or of concern and all discussions about your report’s content and recommendations (if any) must be conducted with your GP or other responsible health care professional. Your GP or responsible health care professional will be at liberty to contact us or the reporting radiologist for further information as required.
- You will receive your scan images in digital format on the day of your appointment and once the report has been sent to your GP or other responsible health care professional, a copy can be obtained from them or Medserena directly. Requests for reports directly from Medserena should be in writing.
- On occasion, an MRI scan may identify unexpected abnormalities which may or may not require further investigation. If so, these findings will be identified on the report and any recommendations arising will be followed up by your GP or responsible healthcare professional.
- You may bring a friend or relative with you, who may, if required, stay with you for the scan itself, subject to safety checks. Unfortunately, children under the age of 16 cannot accompany you unless another adult is with you and available to supervise the child.
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your booking to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the service to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are. We are Medserena Upright MRI Ltd established in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08282625 and our registered office is at 114a Cromwell Road, Kensington, London SW7 4ES and we trade as Medserena.
How to contact us. When you complete your booking, you will receive a booking confirmation email including the full contact details of where your scan will be provided, depending on which Medserena centre you have chosen for your appointment.
How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your booking.
"Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
How we will accept your booking. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when you pay either a deposit or full payment with us either online, by phone or in person and your booking has been triaged and accepted by our clinical staff at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot accept your booking. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this usually within 72 hours and return any monies that may be due to you.
Bookings for the Scan are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the services. We may change the service:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to ensure the service meets your clinical needs; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the service you have booked, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the service, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
Providing the service
The written medical report will be sent in either electronic file or paper print format within 5 working days of your appointment and images taken during the Scan will be supplied in electronic file format on the day of your appointment.
If our health care professionals discover any incidental findings during the Scan, they will act upon their duty of care and will assist you with making follow up arrangements.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the service is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund.
Your legal rights if we cancel the appointment. You have legal rights if we cancel the appointment. If we cancel the contract, then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away and you will be entitled to a refund of your booking fee or you can book another appointment.
Your rights to end the contract
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending the contract because of something we have done wrong, in particular we cannot provide the service on the date you booked then you are entitled to a refund of your deposit / payment in full.
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most services bought online you have a legal right to change your mind and receive a refund.
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call or email using the contact details included in your booking confirmation email. Please provide your name, home address, booking reference number and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Go to our location page on our website, click on the centre name where you have made a booking and complete the contact form on that centre’s detail page.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the service by the method you used for payment up to 48 hours prior to your appointment. For less than 48 hours’ notice we reserve the right to charge the full price of your scan.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
If there is a problem with the service
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the service, please contact us as quickly as possible. Call or email using the contact details included in your booking confirmation email or speak to a member of staff at the centre providing the service.
Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the service. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill.
- if you haven't agreed a price upfront, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
- if you haven't agreed a time upfront, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
Price and payment
The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated in the Medserena price list published from time to time.
Any outstanding self-pay payment for the Scan must be paid in full on the day of the appointment and Medserena are not bound to deliver a scan report until paid for by the customer.
Some MRI scans similar to ours may be available for free at your local NHS facility.
Where to find the price for the Scan. The price of the Scan is displayed throughout our website and will be the price indicated on the booking form when you made your booking. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Scan advised to you is correct.
We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your booking date and the date we supply the Scan, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Scan in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Scans we provide may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your booking so that, where the Scan's correct price at your booking date is less than our stated price at your booking date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your booking date is higher than the price stated [in our price list], we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your booking. If we accept and process your booking where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract and refund you any sums you have paid.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the booking process.
We are not liable for business losses or failure to act on the contents of a scan or advice. We only supply the services for personal use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We are also not responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any person arising from or in connection with you or any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any Scan or any information supplied in connection with the Scan.
How we may use your personal information
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the services to you; and
- to process your payment for the Services; and
- to carry out anonymous studies and research
We will only give your personal information to other third parties when you give us your express permission to do so or where the law either requires or allows us to do so.