For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, Medserena Upright MRI Ltd. ('we' or 'us') are the 'data controllers' (the company who is responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data).
Our staff are fully trained to understand their legal and professional obligations to protect your information.
In order to support your care, we maintain certain records about you and we take great care to ensure your information, which may be electronic, on paper or both, is kept confidential, secure and used appropriately:
- Your name, age, and contact details.
- Details of your appointments and centre visits.
- Records about your health, illness treatment and care.
- Results of your MRI investigations.
- Information from other health professionals.
- Details of your credit/debit cards or banking information.
- Patient experience feedback and surveys.
- Information about complaints and incidents.
- Records of calls we receive or make.
- Other information we receive from other sources, including from your use of our website and other digital platforms or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
When is your information shared?
We will only pass on identifiable information about you with health professionals who are treating you to support the direct provision of your care. They will ask your permission to see your information when they see you. We will not disclose your identifiable information to anyone else without your permission unless in exceptional circumstances (such as life or death situations), or where the law requires us to do so.
If you have private healthcare insurance, certain details may be shared with the company of which you are a member to ensure that payment can be made to us for the service you have received.
You have the choice to share or not to share
You can ask for all or some of your information not to be shared outside of the centre. If you decide not to share at all this will not affect your entitlement to care. However, it may result in the delivery of your care being less efficient as clinicians will not see your full MRI history.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we may hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Include proof of your identity and address (for example a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How to contact us
- Using your nearest Medserena Upright MRI centre contact form which can be found on the location pages of this website
- Or writing to us at Medserena Upright MRI Ltd, 114a Cromwell Road, Kensington, London SW7 4ES